How can your major make the world a better

Memory

I decided  to major in anthropology  thinking about  a career  in social anthropology, how close I was going to be to the people, to visit people in their homes and have them tell me stories. The way  to contribute to the benefit of the world was to do reconstruccions of local, social and even national memory.

In my career I realized that I could contribute more to forensic anthropology, also working with historical memory, but in a bioanthropological way, doing reconstructions of crimes against humanity (wars, dictatorships, totalitarianisms, etc) through the skeletal remains of the victims,  a very complicated element since in most cases the perpetrators of the crimes choose not to say where they hid the bodies.

I do not know if bioanthropology affects the world, but I do consider that when working with the search and analysis of human skeletal remains you have to have a lot of ethics and responsibility that some anthropologists do not have.

Comentarios

  1. I think that bioanthropology affects the world, for example when its helps to identify the bodies of detainees disappeared

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Blog 3: My dream job

A photo and its Story

Blog 4: Time travel to the past or future